Selling a Home
Getting it Sold
||Home and termite inspection – Consider getting a presale inspection done. You want to establish a baseline of what repairs are required and those you may wish to consider.Having a presale inspection helps you market your home, because potential buyers can read the condition report and see what repairs have been completed and what remains to be done.
Have a pest control company do a termite inspection to prove to buyers the property is clean.
||Estimates – Get estimates from reliable repairmen. You want people who are going to do the job right, and that’s not necessarily the low bidder. Even if you don’t get all the work done up front, the estimates will be useful in the negotiation stage of your sale. If your home needs new carpeting, for instance, and an offer comes in that’s contingent on replacement of the carpet, you’ll be able to evaluate the offer quickly because you’ll already know the cost.
||Disclosure – Take time to fill out the property disclosure form completely and honestly, and make sure the listing salesperson makes it available to all prospective buyers. Full disclosure by the owner from the get-go prevents many misunderstandings later on.
||Home warranty – To better compete with new homes for sale, consider offering to pay for a one-year home warranty. It’ll give buyers peace of mind.
||Spruce up – Now is the time to have a big yard sale or call the Salvation Army to get rid of all the stuff you no longer need. Or, put ‘stuff’ in storage.
- Clean your home from top to bottom and keep it clean. Nothing sells better than a clean and well-maintained home.
- Mow your lawn, rake leaves, trim bushes and hedges and keep it trim and neat.
- Plant flowers for color.
- Paint surfaces a neutral color including walls, doors & windows.
- Wash windows.
- Send pets to the neighbors or family members.
- Keep everything organized and clutter free. Stagers say to remove ‘you’ from the home and have no more than 3 items on any one surface.
231 Hampton Avenue, Greenwood, South Carolina 29646. 864.229.6022
Copyright © 2009 - 2019 Greenwood Association of Realtors. All Rights Reserved. Designed, Developed and Hosted by Digital Office LLC.